Saturday, October 14, 2006

More mountains

Shortly after my last pictures, I took a trail leading around the face of the mountain. This took me around the top of Murren and back to the other side of the mountain I was on. I gave a beautiful view and some of my favorite pictures.


Here's one of the fun ones! :) I love the whole pictures. It gives a very interesting view, peeking through the grass. :) And that's Murren down below.

Here's another great view of the valley. It was interesting taking this picture! I was on quite a slippery slop - very wet snow on summer grass. Fun trying not to slide! :)

This one's a little dark, but I love the contrast in color. I took a lot of pictures of this mountain face!

The mountains are beautiful - and I look crazy! Look at my jacket. You can tell I have it packed full. I had stopped at the local grocery store and picked up food for the day. I had food, water, maps, etc packed into my pockets. They are looking a little full! LOL

Here is another of my favorite pictures - the freshly snow-topped mountain framed by the darkened greenery

Here's just a quick view back down the trail before I rounded the corner. Wouldn't you just love to walk along a path like that? I was enjoying myself, inspite of the rain and snow!

The incredible beauty of evergreens having been freshly dusted in snow.

Here are the trail signs that dot the mountain side. In lovely organized Swiss fashion, they are everywhere (or at least on the lower trails).

This was one of the streams falling down the mountain face (and they really do fall). I had soomed in, so you can't see it, but the top of the mountain, where the stream originates, is just above the top of this picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home