Saturday, September 16, 2006

London Airport


For those of us that are not use to people driving on the Left side of the street, London very kindly post signs reminding us to LOOK RIGHT! Thus, keeping us from getting run over!

This is the first of many such signs that I saw while in London. This is in the pickup area outside of terminal one, where I was waiting for Mr. Mancino to pick me up. I thought I would take some pictures of my first sights of London.

Here is a gas station within the airport complex with the current gas prices. Yes, it is 98p. However, this is per liter, so the price of gas - translated into the American system - is about $5.50 to $6 a gallon.

Here is an Orthodox Jewish family, minus the Mother (I'm not sure where she was). I learned later, this is a very common site in London. There is a large, Orthodox Jewish community within London.

I knew I was in London when I saw this - the double-decker, red buses. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home