Final ones from the Northern Face

If you look close, you can see a small trailer in the very center (from left to right) of the picture, just above the timber line. As you can probably tell from the angle, I was above this. Yep, I was above the timber line, looking down on the world around me. Normally, I would be having a great time, but I was a little nervous (ok, a lot nervous) about then, so my happiness was a little hampered!

Here's some of the trail (thus my curtailed happiness!). The snow had been melting throughout the day and the trail was mud.

Some of the Swiss Alps are in avalanch zones. This would probably be one of them, as these are scars on the side of the mountain as a result of avalanches in the past.

Sorry about this picture being sideways. I flipped it, but it didn't save. However, I wanted you to get a closer view of the avalanch sites.

I love this picture! This is the river at the bottom of the valley. This wasn't the main valley, mentioned in previous post. It was further down stream. But it was the base of these mountains.

Another of my favorites!! The sun was beginning to set and was reflecting on the mountain face. It was so incredible!

Here's another view of the sunset. Beautiful!!

One last glimpse of the mountains I had hiked through.

One of the happiest sights I had all day - the end of the trail!! I was exhausted after hiking up and down the mountains for almost 13 hrs. My whole body hurt! But I was finally almost at the end. This is the edge of Gimmelwald, my home for the night.


3 Comments:
Hi Lori,
I enjoyed reading your blog. Switzerland is beautiful!! Tell us about studies in England -- what are you studying (not Web Database :-)
How about food. Is it any good?
Do you have a British clip in your speech yet?
Before you know it you'll be back. We'll have to plan a welcome back party!!
Hey, found your web page today. In fact my techie' tabbed your page for easy access - I cheated and didn't read as much as I just looked at the pictures. It brings back memories (England at least) We are so glad for you being able to spend time over there. God Bless you and keep enjoying yourself.
David
Hey girl!
I remember you....
Post a Comment
<< Home