Tuesday, April 18, 2006

England bound

In case I haven't spoken to you lately, I will be going for a full semester to Canterbury Christ Church University through the study aboard program at Black Hawk College. Needless to say, I am very excited!!

At this point, I am anticipating a late August departure, with a return date of mid December. There is still much to do, but I am beginning to count the months - almost ready to start counting the weeks! :) - until I leave.

God has been working many things out up to this point. Right now, I am praying that the Gilman Scholarship will come through. The Gilman Scholarship is for those students who wish to study overseas, but do not have the necessary funds.

My part (the submission process) is complete. I am now in the waiting phase and am praying that my name will remain before the board members for selection of the full scholarship! I should know the results by early June. I would appreciate your help in praying for this to come about.

I will continue to keep you posted on any progress and what God is doing.

Yours in Christ,

Lori

1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sis.Lori-
Just a note to wish you a very Happy Birthday! The pictures are wonderful and it looks like you are having a good time. All is going well here. The kitchen remodel is in the final stages and I am grateful. We leave in the morning for revival in Crowley,LA. I will be at my parents in DeRidder with the kids, they have been looking forward to this for a long time. I have been meaning to get to the Library and send you a note to let you know we miss you and are thinking about you. Several kids from VBS are still attending and we are encouraged with the SS. I hope you are enjoying school and all is well for you. I have an email address if you would like & have time, you can contact me there. I try to check in as often as my busy schedule allows! HeHE!
Our love & Prayers
Julia Dowd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home